Lesson 10: Estimation with Confidence Intervals
October 11, 2015
Mon, Oct 12
- Estimation with Confidence Intervals
- Sample Mean = Point Estimate
- Use Standard Normal Curve and Z-table to calculate Confidence Interval
- During class we measured heights (n=50) and calculated a mean classroom height of 68.5 inches.
- Assume the standard deviation for all heights is 4.7 inches.
- Produce a 95% confidence interval to estimate average height for the student population.
- Using the same information produce a 90% confidence interval.
- Complete the following practice problems, produce a 95% AND a 90% confidence interval for each set of parameters.
- sample mean = 123.9, population standard deviation = 19.8 and n = 82
- sample mean = 23, population standard deviation = 3.5 and n = 60
- sample mean = 56.7, population standard deviation = 12.1 and n = 49
- sample mean = 3.5, population standard deviation = 0.86 and n = 121