Lesson 16: Hypothesis Testing for Proportions
November 10, 2015
Wed, Nov 11
- Hypothesis Testing for a Proportion [printer friendly version]
- Hypothesis Test using my own Survey Data
- Do CSU-Pueblo students believe more than 50% of fellow students use marijuana on a regular basis?
- n = 59, x-bar = 0.561, [s = 19.08], α = .05
- Ho: p <= 0.5, Ha: p > 0.5
- Read through Hypothesis Testing for a Proportion
- Complete the two “On Your Own” Problems at the bottom of the page
- Prepare a Hypothesis Test you can run using your survey response data.
- Write a quick synopsis of the data you’re collecting and the question you want to address.
- Identify the null hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis.
- Post to your blog.