As I write I’m sitting in the Houston International Airport waiting to depart for Quito, Ecuador.
I like packing light. Here’s a picture of the stuff I’m taking to Ecuador.
And here’s a picture of my bag all packed and ready to go.
Not everything in the first picture made the cut. And, the pile includes clothing I’m wearing during travel.
Here’s the final packing list.
- 2 pr jeans and one belt
- 1 button down shirt
- 2 jackets – 1 warm, 1 light weight
- 1 pr shoes and 4 pr socks
- 4 t-shirts
- 6 pr boxer briefs
- 1 hat
- basic toiletries
- Chromebook and cell phone with chargers
- Travel guide, notebook and pens
- Passport + Immunization records + Get Out of Jail Free card
- Credit cards and cash (small bills)
- Sunscreen + Mosquito repellent (40% Deet)
Yes, I’ll be doing laundry, hopefully every 3-4 days. I prefer the inconvenience of not having enough stuff rather than the inconvenience of too much baggage. Since I plan to stay in Quito for the duration of my visit it shouldn’t be too difficult. For now, I love having everything in one carry-on bag.
I will try to blog along the way. Hasta pronto!