Project 1: Time Series Analysis
February 9, 2022
Due Tue, Feb 15 at 11:15am
- You will analyze the price index tracking rent in the Denver Metro area
- You can view and download data here: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CUSR0000SEHA
- Create a polynomial regression model
- The model will be used to forecast the Price Index of rent in the Denver Metro area for 2023, 2024 and 2025.
- There should be 3 separate forecasts, one per year.
- Prepare a Spreadsheet file
- You’ll use the spreadsheet to explain your forecast
- Make it easy to understand and navigate
- Create a Video
- You will provide a brief tour of your spreadsheet and explain your analysis.
- Your video should be approximately 2-3 minutes in length. It’s okay if it’s a little longer or a little shorter.
- It doesn’t need to be fancy. Just you speaking clearly and explaining your spreadsheet and your forecast.
- You can use Zoom or some other screen recording setup OR you can simply use your phone’s video recorder.
- You need to appear on camera, at least for a few seconds.
- Submit links to your Spreadsheet and your Video
- Upload your video to YouTube or Google Drive some other hosting location and save the link
- Share your Google Sheets spreadsheet and save the link
- Submit both the video link and the Google Sheets link in Bb.
- Look for the “Time Series Analysis” column in the Bb Grade Center