Module 8: Final Exam
December 6, 2021
Instructions for the final exam:
1. Create a video to answer six (6) essay questions.
- Each student will create a video in one of two (2) formats
- Zoom style screen recording (like my lectures), or
- Homemade video (simply use your phone)
- In your video you will provide oral answers to six (6) essay questions, posted in Bb.
- You don’t need to actually write out essay answers. Instead, answer the questions orally, using your own words.
- I want to see your face during the video. Don’t record audio only. This will help me better understand what you know and what you don’t know.
- You can use visual elements (e.g., data graphics, browse to a website, show an article, etc.) if it helps (but not required).
- Don’t read from a script, make it conversational, like answering questions in a job interview.
- Be thorough but don’t drone on and on without purpose, i.e., don’t confuse length of answer with quality.
2. Your video should be approximately 5-10 minutes in length.
- Speak clearly! If I can’t follow your commentary it may negatively impact your grade.
- Don’t rush through it. Take time to explain yourself.
- Don’t make the video unnecessarily long but don’t worry if you go a few minutes over.
3. Post your video and send me a link.
- Post your video on YouTube.
- (Yes, only YouTube. Why? Because if I allow you to post anywhere some will use an obscure platform and/or incompatible technology creating major headaches for me when grades are due.)
- Post the link to your video in Bb.
- Post the link only! Please do not try to actually upload your video on Bb.