Exam #2 Review
October 11, 2013
For Exam #2 you need to be prepared to answer questions on the following topics:
- Reasons for sampling
- Reasons for taking a census
- Random sampling
- Non-random sampling
- Cluster sampling
- Convenience sampling
- Pearson Correlation Coefficient
- Simple regression, aka bivariate regression
- Dependent and independent variables
- How to interpret a scatter plot to identify and characterize correlation
- Equation for a simple regression line
- Slope of a simple regression line
- Y-Intercept of a simple regression line
- Sum of Squares Error (SSE) AND Standard Error of the Estimate
- Coefficient of Determination or r-squared
- Multiple regression
Sampling is in Ch. 7
Oops – thanks! Fixed!
In reply to a few questions about multiple regression I’ve sent the following via email to a couple students:
There won’t be any multiple regression calculations but you should be prepared to answer questions about multiple regression and be able to interpret regression output (list of coefficients, intercept, etc) when more than one independent variable is involved.
Hope that helps! Good luck!