Lesson 15: Monte Carlo Simulation
March 13, 2019
- Random Variables
- Stock Market Simulation
- Portfolio 2 due today
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Lecture by John Guttag (MIT OpenCourseWare)
- Use your Stock Market Simulation
- Generate a 95% Confidence Interval to estimate your retirement savings at age 65.
- For example, you might estimate your ending balance will be $200,000 +/- $50,000 with 95% confidence
- Write your confidence interval on your Portfolio (by hand is fine).
- If done correctly, I will award up to 6 points of extra credit to your Portfolio score (out of 100).
- [Note: you must attend class to take advantage of this opportunity]
- Enjoy your Spring Break!