Exam 1: Review
September 26, 2016
Mon, Sep 26
- Exam 1 on Wed, Sep 28
- Take-home assignment due at time of exam
Exam 1 Review Topics:
- Types of Data
- Types of Analysis
- Standard Deviation
- Density Curves
- Normal Curves
- Standard Normal Distribution
- Normal Curve Problems
- Mean and Standard Deviation
- 1.70-1.74 on p. 50
- Normal Curve Exercises
- 1.120-1.124 on p. 74
- 1.126-1.129 on pp. 74-75
- 1.136-1.137 on p. 75
Keys to success on Exam 1:
- Complete and Print Part 1 of the exam no later than Tue night. Don’t wait until the last minute and then show up late due to a printer malfunction.
- Practice calculating standard deviation and completing Normal Curve problems so you can be as efficient as possible with your time during the exam.
- Be sure you understand what you’ve done. Don’t just go through the motions. This won’t be a multiple choice test.
- Come to class prepared. Bring calculator, textbook, notes, pencils/pens and don’t forget your Part 1 Report!
- Don’t get hammered tomorrow night …. c’mon man.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Don’t pull an all-nighter and expect to be thinking clearly.
- Eat something nutritious before the exam so you have fuel in the tank.
- During the exam – stay calm and focus on one problem at a time. If you get stuck ask me a question to help clarify or move on to the next problem.
- Think positive – visualize yourself handing in the exam and feeling good about your performance.