Lesson 13: Simple Statistical Computing in Python
November 1, 2015
Mon, Nov 2
- Big Data Analytics (aka Data Science or Statistical Computing)
- Python Anywhere Setup and Hello World program
- Computing basic statistics in Python
- define and set variables
- import numpy and scipy
- calculate mean, median, standard deviation
- run correlation
- run linear regression
- Demo using Python to complete problem 12.1 from Lesson 3.
- Step by step Python commands: PythonProblem12.1
- Use Python to complete problems 12.2, 12.4, 12.6, 12.8 (p. 474-475) from Lesson 3 and Lesson 4.
- Post output (screen capture) to your blog.