Lesson 11: Design of Experiments, Sampling and Surveys
October 10, 2018
- Exam 2 grades will be available Mon, Oct 15
- Pueblo County Political Polling
- Read How to Conduct a Survey
- Design a survey to estimate vote % in two key races:
- Jared Polis (D) vs Walker Stapleton (R) for Governor of Colorado
- Scott Tipton (R) vs Diane Mitsch Bush (D) for US House of Representatives CO District 3
- What questions will you ask in your survey?
- How many people will you survey?
- Determine an appropriate Sample Size (number of responses to gather)
- Use this Sample Size Calculator
- How will you conduct your survey
- Will you use phone, internet, mail or other?
- How will you reach an unbiased and representative sample of likely voters?
- How will you collect and record responses?
- Submit a 1-page paper with your responses to the questions above
- Due in class on Monday, Oct 15