Part 1: Take Home
Use the last digit of your PID to select a Ski Resort
- 0 = Aspen
- 1 = Breckenridge
- 2 = Crested Butte
- 3 = Keystone
- 4 = Monarch
- 5 = Purgatory
- 6 = Steamboat Springs
- 7 = Telluride
- 8 = Vail
- 9 = Wolf Creek
You’ve been hired by the [PID Location] Ski Resort as a Data Analyst. The General Manager (GM) of the resort invites you to his office on your first day.
- GM: Welcome to [PID Location]!
- You: Thanks, I can’t wait to get started.
- GM: Good, I need you to develop a predictive model to forecast snow fall for the upcoming ski season. The model should be well-documented and easy to re-use in subsequent years.
- You: Wow. I’m not sure where to start.
- GM: You can start by downloading climate data from NOAA. And find anything else you can that might help. Any additional data you use is fine with me. As long as it works and makes sense.
- You: When do you want me to have this done for you?
- GM: I want you to present it to senior management on December 7th or 8th.
- You: Man, this is the coolest job ever.