Part 1: Take Home
Due: Wed, Oct 21
Like Exam 1, the last digit of your PID determines your data set.
You have been hired by a large Solar Energy company to identify the best locations in the United States to build solar arrays for energy production using the Cloudy Days data set.
- Summarize the data set with appropriate descriptive statistics
- Illustrate the data set with appropriate graphics
- Calculate Z-Scores for every city/location in your data set and then identify the city/location with Z-Score closest to -2, -1, 0, 1 and 2 (5 city/locations with their corresponding Z-Scores)
- Calculate the probability of randomly selecting a city less cloudy than Pueblo.
- Calculate the probability of randomly selecting a city more cloudy than Denver.
- Calculate the probability of randomly selecting a city between Pueblo and Denver.
- Estimate the mean number of cloudy days for all of the United States (hint: the population) and produce confidence intervals for your estimate at 95% confidence and at 90% confidence (2 separate sets of interval estimates).
- Write a 1 page paper summarizing your analysis and providing recommendations for locating solar array installations.
Bring a print copy of your analysis and the 1 Page Executive Summary to the in-class exam on Wed Oct 21.