Lesson 9: Regression Output Interpretation
October 6, 2015
Wed, Oct 7
- Regression Output Interpretation
- Regression Equation Coefficients
- t-Stat and p-values for Independent Variables significance
- F statistic and p-value (Significance F) for Overall Model significance
- ANOVA table Sum of Squares values (SSR, SSE, SSyy)
- SSR = b1^2*SSxx
- SSE = Sum of Squares residuals
- SSyy = Sum of Squares of y
- Read Demonstration Problem 13.1 on p. 528-529
- Use the Regression Summary Output table on p. 529 to answer these questions.
- What is the R-Squared value?
- How many observations are in the data set being analyzed?
- Name the variables and their corresponding coefficients.
- What are the t-stat values for each independent variable?
- What are the p-values for each independent variable?
- Which variable is the most significant?
- What is the F statistic for the model?
- What is the significance level of the F statistic?
- What is SSE, the Sum of Squares Error?
- What is SSyy, the Sum of Squares for y?
- What is SSR, the Sum of Squares Regression?
- Download Excel data provided as a companion to the textbook: black_7e_excel_database
- Complete the “Analyzing the Database” Problems 1-4 on p. 549
- Don’t worry about the discussion questions.
- I only want you to produce the models specified and then answer the same “Activity” questions above for each resulting Regression Output.