Thu, Feb 12
Know other, know self, hundred battles without danger
Not knowing other but know self, one win one loss
Not knowing other, not knowing self, every battle lost.
– Sun Tzu “The Art of War”
- South of the Border documentary
- Group Discussion
- Where are Codelco’s mining operations?
- Where are Codelco’s markets (buyers of copper)?
- What external factors drive copper prices?
- How do copper price variations impact…
- company revenue?
- employment levels?
- individual miners and their families?
- Income disparity in The Devil’s Miner and South of the Border
- How do these documentaries reveal, in different ways, the income disparities in South America?
- Read this article: Income Gap Shrinks in Chile, for Better or Worse – NYTimes
- What is the appropriate level of societal income disparity?
- Research Paper Topics
- Next week’s theme is Europe, Manufacturing, Vestas
- Read “War and Peace” by Leo Tolstoy (just kidding)