February 12, 2015
Thu, Feb 12
Know other, know self, hundred battles without danger
Not knowing other but know self, one win one loss
Not knowing other, not knowing self, every battle lost.
– Sun Tzu “The Art of War”
- South of the Border documentary
- Group Discussion
- Where are Codelco’s mining operations?
- Where are Codelco’s markets (buyers of copper)?
- What external factors drive copper prices?
- How do copper price variations impact…
- company revenue?
- employment levels?
- individual miners and their families?
- Income disparity in The Devil’s Miner and South of the Border
- How do these documentaries reveal, in different ways, the income disparities in South America?
- Read this article: Income Gap Shrinks in Chile, for Better or Worse – NYTimes
- What is the appropriate level of societal income disparity?
- Research Paper Topics
- Next week’s theme is Europe, Manufacturing, Vestas
- Read “War and Peace” by Leo Tolstoy (just kidding)