July 8, 2014
Through my blog I hear from dozens of recent graduates who are looking for an opportunity to gain experience in the GIS industry. Well, here’s your chance.
This is a very unique proposition; it won’t work for everyone. But, maybe it’s perfect for you?
The Opportunity: what’s in it for you
- GIS/geography research internship
- $500 per month stipend
- 1-bedroom apartment with all utilities provided
- One-on-one mentoring sessions with me, at least 1 hour every 2 weeks
- Opportunity to learn spatial statistics, GIS programming, cartography, etc.
- Opportunity to learn software development
- Opportunity to learn real estate investing and property management
- Opportunity to develop business acumen and gain general business experience
- My assistance applying to grad school or conducting a job search
- Possibility of regular, full-time salaried position at the end of 1 year
The Work: what you have to do in return
- Live in Pueblo
- Work 40 hours per week doing a variety of tasks including working as a clerk in my liquor store, completing basic handyman/repair tasks, landscaping and/or various other miscellaneous retail or property maintenance work depending on your skills.
- Complete GIS/geography research projects
- Provide your own laptop
- Take responsibility for getting the most out of the opportunity; don’t expect me to hold your hand every day.
The Application: what to do if you’re interested
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Send me a message (use LinkedIn messaging or my Contact Form below) indicating your interest in the “Apprentice” position with a link to your profile.
That’s it! Please share this with anyone and everyone who may be interested!