Extra Credit Proposals

September 20, 2013 at 3:08 am  •  Posted in busad265 by  •  9 Comments

In response to several students who didn’t feel they had sufficient time to complete the exam, I am considering the possibility of an extra credit opportunity of some sort.

Please feel free to post suggestions here or send them to me via email.

1. ksquan / September 21, 2013 at 7:41 am / Reply

There were a lot of students that did not finish the first exam in BUSAD265. One idea that was mentioned was to drop the lowest out of all the exams and Prof. Holman might acknowledge this request if it seemed fair to all students. Give your opinions please.

2. Saul Cabrera / September 22, 2013 at 12:46 am / Reply

One idea that can also be helpful is to allow students to obtain extra credit by doing an extra assignment. Since not everybody got a low score, the assignment would be optional. By doing this, the students with lower scores can bring their grades up, and if the other students feel like they want to do it as well, they can complete it and use the extra credit on the next test.

3. michelle / September 22, 2013 at 12:51 pm / Reply

I would agree that either proposal is fair to all students. Extra credit that is optional would be available for all students. Dropping a low score would help all students in the overall grade of things.

4. Alex / September 23, 2013 at 4:01 am / Reply

I would agree with both options but would prefer dropping the lowest test score.

5. Adam / September 24, 2013 at 1:28 am / Reply

I think we should drop the lowest test score however I think this shouldn’t have became a problem and we should have just had time to finish on Thursday

6. Kendrick Gardner / September 24, 2013 at 2:31 am / Reply

I think we should drop the lowest score or do an optional assignment to boost up grades.

7. Jessica Brown / September 24, 2013 at 5:38 am / Reply

I agree that the test should be shorter. If we need to calculate a group of data then there should have only been about 10 numbers in each score and that would have helped and also to either cut those questions down or the multiple choice. I think the multiple choice is what I had a problem with. I would like the lowest score dropped. In order to do an assignment, it would need to be something simple.

8. Sayra Bassett / September 24, 2013 at 3:09 pm / Reply

In the past I have had teachers drop the lowest of all of our test scores and if we had A’s on all of the exams then we were excused from the final. I liked that. I also like the idea of some extra credit. I just wish we had a longer amount of time to do the test.

9. april / September 25, 2013 at 5:21 pm / Reply

I prefer that the lowest test score be dropped. It would also be helpful to have an exam that’s more manageable with the time frame of the class.